I am... frustrated, overwhelmed, upset, and so much more. If you had told me 5 years ago I'd be going through all of this health stuff, I would've never believed you. Had you told me 5 years ago I would be on a restricted diet with no gluten and no lactose, I probably would have lauged.
As of Friday, I am eating gluten-free and lactose-free meals and snacks. My kitchen got an overhaul and my bank account in shock. I have been sick after every meal for quite some time and it is getting frustrating. The rheumatologist told me the best thing to do is go gluten and lactose free and see if it helps. I know, the question you want to ask, how long are you doing this for? Well the doctor says 4 months until I see him again. If it is working then I guess my answer will be forever. If it is not working then I guess I'll be back to square one again.
Over the course of 3 days, I have had many many meltdowns. I knew this wouldn't be easy but I had no idea it would take a toll on me like this. I have to read every label on everything and going out to dinner is more of a chore than cooking dinner. I am learning what is good and what is terrible. I am learning what to eat and what to stay away from. I am very fortunate to have help from a wonderful friend. She has been dealing with similar issues for years and finally figured it out. She ended up having to eat gluten and lactose free as well. She has been so helpful in sending me recipes, brands to try, and encouragement.
Yesterday I was feeling so sick that I was in bed all day and couldn't go to my friend's bachelorette party. I am tired of my health getting in the way of day to day life. It makes all of it more frustrating to deal with.
I know I serve an amazing God and I know he is giving answers slowly but yet his perfect time. I can wish all I'd like to understand this but I may never understand his plan in this beside that I am stronger than ever. I thought I was strong and could handle anything but this is showing me just how strong I really am. When all is said and done, I will be strong enough for whatever comes my way in life. I will be healthier in the end and happier. I have to stay encouraged and keep helping my health get better.
Here is a song I have found very encouraging lately..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SAtWjBDFeM
Hope your weekend was better than mine!
1 comment:
There's a little bakery off of Aloma by the Hess gas station. It's off to the right in part of a line of stores. I think it's in the 2nd block. The name, however, escapes me, but they have all sorts of approved sweets that look and taste good.
Post a Comment