Monday, June 9, 2008

Changes

Changes... Good or bad?
I've learned to accept change as it is. God is always molding me into the woman of God he wants me to be. I wake up each morning not knowing what the day will hold. Chances are something is going to change. God has his PERFECT timing for everything. Lately, I have been studying the book of Ecclesiastes. In Chapter 3, it explains that everything has it's time.

"There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace. "

We may not understand God's timing or even accept it. I have learned that with time God's perfect will for my life will unfold. I may have to make changes in order to get there, but I must remember there is a reason for the change and the timing.

Friendships come and go and change within. It seems like each year, when you are in college at least, that your group of friends changes. It may not be drastic but still something changes. After 7 years of being best friends, something happened. I've come to accept that God has chosen for that friendship to fade and may or may not bring it back.... One of my best friends is getting married in a little over a year. What a honor it is to be one of her maid of honors and participate in that special day. Soon after she'll be leaving for another state, yet again another change but of course for the good. Others I have grown so much closer with over the last year and seen God working in their heart.

Side note...

Kari and Brooke, I cannot begin to imagine how much God is showing you. You must see change more often and some for the good, while others for the bad. I am praying for you and your communities in Africa. I pray that God will continue to make changes and mold you into the women of God he so desires of you. Of course, I can't wait for you to come home again.
...

I hope that you will learn to accept change and God's timing. It's there you'll find peace and know that his will for your life is Perfect!

= )

No comments: