Boy has the time flown... It is now 2010 and my life is nothing like I expected. I have not updated in quite some time so here it goes.
First off, I am now a full time Kindergarten teacher as of last October. I have 18 amazing children who teach me new things every day. I teach in a high poverty area which means, I supply just about everything my students need. Some think I am absolutely crazy but I would not trade my job for the world. I love being in a Title 1 school and love my kindergarteners. They are full of life and take everything I say and want to know why or how. How did you do that? At times my answer is so simple, "I'm magic." My kiddos are my world these days. My house is full of teaching stuff and my camera is full of pictures. There is nothing sweeter than my students singing without a cd to a song called "One Small Voice." They help me stick to our routines and remind me of the things I forget. I make a fool of myself most days but to them it's just me. I sing and dance to silly songs and read crazy books very animated. We have "chats" when things need to be fixed and we all have a job in our class family. Without each other we are not a completed group. You could never talk bad about me because my students have my back. To some, I am their world and to others, I am the meanest person on the planet. (of course by the end of the day, they love me again). I have learned more in the last several months than I ever thought was possible. First year teacher, thrown into a classroom at the start of the 2nd grading period, with students from 7 other classrooms/teachers. I am the 10th Kindergarten Teacher and it has been an amazing experience so far.
Secondly is my health. For those that follow me and keep in touch you know all there is to know. I have seen a new infectious disease doctor, then I think he got scared and they never called me back. I have had some good days and some terrible days. I spent a week in the hospital back in September with MRSA. My primary doctor is determined to figure me out which is very helpful. She has a med student that is doing some research but he feels like I just keep getting shoveled around from one place to the next. I have tried to push through each day knowing that I cannot leave my students behind because of my health. I am at work every day unless of course I get so sick that the ER is the place to go. (Had to miss our class picture because of it). I try my best to keep positive because otherwise I would feel even worse than I do. I now have a lovely allergy/sinus attack. Hoping to find my voice again before Monday morning. My health is still a mystery and will remain a mystery until my God decides to reveal it all to us.
What a whirlwind? I have learned so much about myself and who I am and want to be in the last several months. Who knew that teaching Kindergarten would be so much fun even when it is challenging? Who knew I'd meet some of the best friends on my KG team? Who knew I'd be sitting in my house, thinking about all of life's ups and downs, yet happy with where I am in life? The one who knows it all is the one who keeps me going and helps me stay positive. Although I get frustrated with God, no matter what he is there. I just have to trust him to see me through.
Happy last week of February!
1 comment:
Glad to see you're back in the blog world and are enjoying your job with the little ones!
Post a Comment