It's been a month since I last blogged so I thought why not do it now. Hard to believe that 2009 is more than halfway over. I am almost done with my first semester of grad school. There was a time I did not think grad school would be a possibility with my health and of course the financial part. Financial part is completely covered (every course and all the books) by a grant! My health is well still hanging out in the world of mystery.
I have been working full time with my special needs kids! Every day is a new day and we are helping these children master new things daily. Some days are rough but even on my roughest days there, I wouldn't trade my profession for anything. I cannot wait to teach Special Ed in the public school system and make a difference to more children. Along with working full time, I'm in grad school full time. Classes have been crazy, at times overwhelming, but overall pretty good. I made a 99 in my class that finished two weeks ago! The other two end this coming week.
Since my last post, my little sister (from my sorority) and I moved into a two bedroom! We absolutely love it! We have a porch and grill which gets used pretty often (at least once or twice a week). My dearest friend, Kari, has gone to Africa again this summer and she is seeing God work as we speak. My close friend, Lorra, got married this last weekend. It was beautiful and was a reminder that God has made someone special for each person. How exciting?!?!
I'm looking forward to spending some time with my family at home in a week. Quality time with my dad since he is off too! Who knows, maybe a little ride on the jet skis!
Keep your head up even if the times get tough. If you will join me in praying for a sweet little boy named Stellan. He is dealing with SVT and is been in the hospital this week. Pray for his family that they would stay strong and remember God is in control even when we don't understand the situation. You can read the updates on his mom's blog! http://www.mycharmingkids.net/
No comments:
Post a Comment