Frustration is a feeling I know all too well. It is not one I care to be best friends with so I am trying to be content with where I am in life. Since my last post, many things have happened.
I am less than 40 days away from sending my precious Kindergarteners to First Grade.It seems like just a few days ago that I was meeting them and helping them adjust to the experience of Elementary School. Teaching Kg is a lot of pressure when you think about it. No I don't have the FCAT to worry about, but I am teaching these children the very basics of school and life. I will always be their first teaching in K-12 schooling. I have a hand in molding these children for life. There have been some rough, frustrating days in our class but when you get down to it, they ultimately love and care for each other. They have all jumped leaps and bounds just starting and ending at different places. This has been a very trying and memorable year for me.
Some quotes for you from Kg world:
K:"I cannot be friends with white people." Me: "What did you say?" K: "My dad said I can't be friends with white people." Me: "Why is that?" K: "They are danger..."
K (my whitest student)to the Creole para: "I do not speak English." Para: "Excuse me" K: I do not speak English." - needless to say my class helped her figure out she does speak English.
K: "Mr. M (Who is a teacher) is a doctor." Me: "Well ask him what kind of doctor." K: "I already know. He is the girl one."
They will never stop making you laugh. Even on the hardest of days.
Health is the most frustrating part of my life. While I continued to follow the diet plan, I was still getting sick. It got to a point where I wanted to give up and just not worry about it, but I knew I would just get worse. I am allergic to medications they give to help with this so I know get a shot bi-weekly at home to help with the Crohn's. Is it working? Well to some degree yes. I have not seen drastic changes but some improvement is better than none. I have added a Cardiologist, Chiropractor, and a new Allergist to my long list of doctors. It is turning into a crazy calendar full of appointments, tests, and blood work. It seems like it never stops. The bills continue to pile as I try to find the funds to pay. As if I did not have enough to pay, I got another one from the ER visit yesterday. $642 .... I know I almost fell over too. One night in the ER cost $7,600. CRAZY
This last Sunday marked a year since my grandfather passed away from a heart attack. It was a long week prior and I had it at the forefront of my mind. I tried to keep busy but no matter what I did, I knew what that day meant. It meant that I gained another Guardian angel to watch over me. You really never know what you have until it is gone. Live life to the fullest each day because you never know when it will be your last.
As frustration is winning the race, I am trying to be content. I am trying to remember that all of this is happening for a reason. This is a storm before the calm, yes a long one but it has to end at some point. Try to remember things could always be worse, so be thankful you can get up and walk around.
Until next time, Be Happy and Always try to SMILE!! = )
No comments:
Post a Comment