Friday was the first day of October, which meant my birthday and turning another year older. My students had been asking all week when it was going to be my birthday. When Friday finally came, I thought they were going to explode. They were screaming Happy Birthday to me all day long. I guess you could say, I felt very loved. I got lots of cards from the students in the class next door and my extended day class after school.
I started out the day by going to breakfast at 6am with some great friends. Here is a picture of the roommates and I in our school shirts ready for work.
After breakfast it was off to school for a fun filled day. Two friends came to spend the day with me and the kiddos. They enjoyed having volunteers in our classroom! My parents sent me beautiful flowers to work since they couldn't be here to celebrate with me.
After school I did extended day then it was finally off to the house. I got home and did not know where we were going or what I was doing. About 10 minutes after I got home our front door bell rang. Wondering who it was, I ran to the door. My best friend that lives an hour and a half away was standing there. She had arranged a surprise that I was definitely clueless about.
We got dressed and went out to dinner with the guys. One of them works construction and always has a hard hat in his truck. I don't know why but I have always put it on (even in my dad's truck). The girls decided to join me this time and this is how it turned out.
We came home and played uno, which I had not done in years. Yesterday we went shopping to the outlets so I could spend my birthday money!! I had an amazing time, considering I have now lost 22 lbs and my clothes are falling off of me!!! What an amazing way to start another year.
I cannot wait for another year of life. I know God has great things in store and hopefully a continued strengthening of my health!
Enjoy this wonderful season and all that comes with it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment