For those that don't know I lead a small group of middle school youth at the church I attend here at school. As we were discussing our topic for the evening, one question really struck me. "How is God going to use me this year?" (school year) For anyone that has experience leading a small group, it can generally be lots of staring at the leader. I encouraged each of my students to think about how they might be used this school year. One boy asked me, "do you think maybe you could share first to kind of break the ice?" I wasn't expecting that one, so it was though God knew it was coming because I just started speaking. I had not really thought about how he might use me until that very moment.
I replied in what may have seemed a crazy way to them. I told them God was going to use me in the elementary school I'd be interning at. I'm working at a low income school and wouldn't have it any other way. I believe God is calling me to pray for each student, get to school early and pray over the classroom. What an amazing way to serve our God? It isn't anything that costs a lot of money or will consume an entire day but it is something that will make a difference. I'm going to have struggles as a teacher and my students are going to be struggling (low income or not). I have to be in constant prayer that God would use me in mighty ways, even if I can't share His name at school. These students need someone to show them love, show them they are special and smart. I can be all of those and who knows how it might change those children. To some of you this may sound so crazy to pray for each of my students individually every morning before the school day begins but to me it just makes sense.
I got the idea through a book series I'm reading called The Yada Yada Prayer Group. It is a series of 7 books and I'm almost on book 5. I don't want to give anything away about the book series but these women are serious about prayer through everything. One of the main ladies is a third grade school teacher. It is inspiring to read this series and I have several people reading it. Sadly no one is at the same book I am so I can't talk about it right yet. haha
I encourage each of you to think about how God can use you this next year. Some of you aren't in school but the majority of you are. If you aren't how might God use you at work, church, with your family, etc.
Please share with me how I can pray for you. I'd be happy to pray and encourage you throughout the next year.
Enjoy another amazing day from our great Heavenly Father!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment