Saturday, September 20, 2008

Sometimes I wish God didn't trust me so much...

There are days I think "today is going to be a good day" and then there are days I think "could today get any worse." I keep holding on waiting for things to get better, easier, more manageable. I've been dealing with so much and this week I could've thought everything was falling a part. You know there's so much when the only emotion left is to laugh.

As the week started, I was determined to make it a great one. I was determined to get things done for school, for work. I was determined to find time to have a bit of a social life outside of my education classes. Tuesday was a great day in my internship class. My first graders were great, enjoyable. We had a blast learning. Wednesday came and everything went down quickly. Wednesday morning I woke up in more pain than I thought I could handle. I returned home to my family so they could watch me as the week went on. The doctor managed to see me Friday but things continued down hill. There were more complications so I was sent home to wait until Monday for some test results. You know when the doctor says "oh my gosh" it can't be good.

As the doctor walked out of my room on Friday, I could not help but laugh. I thought "can there really be something else wrong?" I told my mom I didn't know how someone could have so many problems. I am waiting for results on Monday before we know what to do about school this semester. There is a chance for me to continue through this semester and make up my time missed. There is also a chance that things are more complicated and I cannot make it up. I have no idea what this coming week holds.

I've been told lately how encouraging my situation has been for others. I'm very glad God could use my situation to help others be encouraged and grow their faith. A few people have told me something I already knew, "God won't give you more than you can handle." My response is always, "sometimes I wish God didn't trust me so much." It's true, there are times I think God I really cannot handle anything else. It's those times when God shows me just how much I can handle. I know in the end of this, there is something great. God will have been glorified, God will have made me stronger, and God will have used this to help others.

Know that no matter what you are going through, God is there. Someone has probably gone through something similar and will be there to help you through.

Jeremy Camp - Give Me Jesus
When I am alone,
When I am alone,
When I am alone,
Give me Jesus.

Give me Jesus,
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus.

Jesus is all you need to get through life. He will supply the strength, the support, the family, the friends, and the love to get through it. I hope you have a great week and that God will show you something amazing this week!

No comments: