Monday, June 29, 2009

The latest health update

Hello to each of you! Many of you have been asking what the latest is with the doctors and a diagnosis. I wanted to share with you the latest, although it's not much it is a step in a better direction in some sort.

Endocrinology really wasn't sure what to say about my triglycerides being 1,146. He ordered additional blood work and recommended some medicine to the doctor that I was going to be reviewing blood work with.
Rheumatology had nothing to say to me. He still does not believe my aphthous ulcers are part of an autoimmune disease. He increased my colchicine to twice a day to see if we can get the ulcers back under control.
Neurology diagnosed me with migraines today. I have been given a medicine to use at the onset of the headache. If this does not work we may have to use a medicine every day for migraines. He also increased my other medicine that I take daily to see if it would help.
Internal Medicine is still stumped. You could see the frustration in his facial expression as he stared out the window trying to figure out how to tell me he has no idea what is wrong with me. He agreed with the migraine medicine and the increase of the colchicine and an increase in one of my other medicines. The blood work came back and my blood cell count was back up. My triglycerides were 382 which is better but still considered high. He wants them to go down further but for now we are not starting any medication to help them. He wants to see if my body will naturally bring the triglycerides back under 150. Last July they were 114 so we are hoping to see something near this number again in six weeks. If they are still high he will then prescribe me a medication to help lower the triglycerides.

As of now this is the only news we have. I am glad the trigylcerides are down but would love to see them get even lower. It is more comfortable than being over 1,000 considering the doctor said that's the highest he had seen in several years. My days get hard but I manage to make it through each one. No matter what happens God does have me in his hands and he will never give me more than I can handle. I cannot worry about what is to come. Thank you for the encouragement and prayers.

Hope you are doing well and living for the moment! Never let a day go by that you don't make the best of it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray for you Brooke, I really hope the meds help!