Monday, September 27, 2010

Almost another year older...

Almost another year older and feeling pretty good. Since finding out I have Crohn's, life has taken a different path. I have been forced to change my diet and be very conscious of the food I eat. You would never know how food affects your body until you are forced to get rid of it. I do not eat sugar, carbs, gluten, or lactose. When I do eat it, I can feel my body rejecting it and happier without it. I have lost almost 20 lbs and feel amazing. I have been waiting to feel this good for over 4 years. The time is finally coming where I can feel recovery in some aspects.

Kindergarten is an experience this year. As always, I would not trade teaching for anything but it is hard. My class is starting to understand the routine and adjust to the ways of school. I have a few challenges and we are learning how to make it a successful year. I have already had many parent conferences and they are going well for the most part. God has definitely placed me in these kids and their families lives for a reason. Some just need the love and support that they do deserve.

I recently moved and am loving my new house. I have two awesome roommates and lots of space. We have had several get togethers with our friends and enjoying it. We are excited for the fall weather so we can enjoy our backyard. Have I mentioned, I LOVE fall!!! Pumpkin everything is popping up all over. Candles, frozen yogurt, etc.. It is amazing!

I am waiting to see where the Lord takes me next. I'm excited for what may come and what he is doing.

Happy Fall Everyone!!

No comments: